February 08, 2009

A Wingback for Everyone.

I know what you're thinking...a wingback! Grace! Could you get anymore stuffy? Well I could but let me defend the wingback. A wingback is classic and timeless and with the right fabric and the right upholstery` work you can make this piece fit in with your home. Another way to update a wingback... think small. A smaller scale wingback can fit nicely in a bedroom or in a normal dimensioned house. Another I don't like the red leather- the shape and scale is fresh.


Another adorable small-scale wingback. I especially love the dramatic uprightness of the back.


4 comments:

Ellen Connolly said...

would you know how to reupholster a wingback chair?

Grace G. McNicholas said...

A website titled "Morman Chic" has a step-by-step guide on reupholstering a wing-back. However I personally would leave this to the professionals. A Rockville upholstery shop quotes me at $400. Not too bad.

Katie said...

I have a cool old wingback that definitely needs a new look but I want to wait until maybe we have a bigger living room to put it in.

$400 is good.

Ellen Connolly said...

What is the name of hte place in rockville?