August 16, 2009

Graphic Design

Have you met? My totally adorable sorority big sis and talented beyond belief graphic designer? You haven't? Well then!!

Introducing Amanda Day, president and founder of Dawn Correspondence. Amanda has created a company that can meet all your stationary needs. From wedding invitations, placecards, personal stationary and everything in between.



Here are some pictures from her portfolio. First up a modern save-the-date card which just begs to be sent!

Red, white and blue anchor themed personal stationary. Perfect for us Delta Gamma sisters!


Stationary fit to be eaten!


Beautifully executed wedding invitations.
And my absolute fav. engraved mini thank-you notes.

And here's a little Q and A with the artist:

1. When did you first become interested in graphic design?

Hmmm.... probably in high school. I took a computer graphics class as a senior, and shortly after getting involved with that class I began meshing my art with computer graphics. I have ALWAYS been obsessed with typography. As a little girl I would write my name over and over until I was happy with the way it looked. I actually conditioned myself to write in the handwriting I use today... and I get compliments on it all the time! I am not OCD at all, I promise.


2. How would you describe your graphic style?

Clean? There are designers who use a LOT of images, drawings, colors, etc... but I typically keep a project to 2 or 3 colors and 1 to 2 fonts. I love white space too.


3. How long have you been in business?

I started designing stationary right out of college while I was looking for a job. My business didn't really pick up until about a year and a half ago, though, and I've been doing it non-stop since then!

4. What are some challenges that face a graphic designer?

There's always the challenge of making your customers happy. Design is very sudjective, so what I might imagine might be very different from what my customer is expecting. I typically try to nip this in the bud from the beginning by asking very specific questions of my customers.


5. What is your ideal end/future in the business?

I'd like to own a small boutique - nothing extravagent, just something small and quaint that I can decorate the way I like, run the way I like and a place that the locals are so satisfied with that they keep coming back!


Thank-you Amanda- you rock!!!
To reach Amanda about creating your own special project contact her at: dawncorrespondence@gmail.com and let her know Marigold & Georgie sent you!

Also check out her Etsy store keyword Dawn Correspondence.



8 comments:

DawnCorrespondence said...

Thank you so much, Grace! You are the best li'l sis ever!!!! One thing, though...you spelled my email address wrong! Haha. It's dawncorrespondence@gmail.com.

xoxo!
Amanda

Debbi Andersen said...

What a fabulous write up!!! I Loved learning more about Amanda!!!

Memories for Life said...

Great feature! Amanda's work is excellent!

CraftingWit said...

Awesome! This ROCKS!!!

Cathleen Cueto said...

congrats, amanda! i loved seeing the wide array of your beautiful work. the next time i need engraved invites, i know who to call.

DawnCorrespondence said...

Thanks, Cathleen! I'm so glad you like them! I am adding new items to my shop pretty much every day :o)

Ellen Connolly said...

Thanks Grace for posting this. I love stationary...esp when it reflects the person perfectly. I will check out her ESTy store. Love what i see here.

South Paw said...

I will also check it out! Thanks.