May 06, 2009

Trip to Leesburg Va.

The dear hubby and I took a trip to Leesburg Va. this past weekend. Now I'm a Maryland girl and hopefully I'll die a Maryland girl- but this trip was well worth it. We checked out a little antique hot spot with one particular store called Lucketts. Yes I claim to be the officinoto (no clue ho to spell that) regarding all things old and important (or so I like to think) but for some reason I just heard about Lucketts -from this girl actually:


And yes, she was boozing when she told me about it.

So the hubby and I took a senic route which we all know means:

Which was good because the hubby was able to indulge his outdoor time during a car ride.


We then boarded a ferry- no shit- a ferry for cars!

Not nearly as fun as the hubby made it out to be. $6 round trip. There was a confederate flag flying from one of the poles (not pictured, wonder why?) and we were parked next to a black person on the ferry. Needless to say you could cut the tension with a knife.



Once there we were face to face with what us into old important stuff people like to call heaven.





A indoor-outdoor extravganza of goodies! Clothing, furniture, decorative arts, historical scrape pieces. You name it- it was there. And the prices were amazing!!



Here are some pics of the goodies:





A collection of slate bowls that I am obcessed with.




An iron vase that I loved also.



After Lucketts I followed a stone path to the Beekeepers Cottage next door which had all sorts of white furniture. It was shabby chic galore!





The store has three componets: vintage collection, signature collection and romantic collection. We all know romantic collection is code word for shit like this:




But printed on canvas- so it's classy right??? And it's got a crackle finish- even better!



Ok so now the good stuff:

And here's the link:

beekeeperscottage.com

So the Beekeepers Cottage did have some good stuff. The prices were high and the owner talked my ear off on the phone about what you put in a duvet cover which I alreay knew but I was nice and smiled and nodded- none of which she saw 'cause it was over the phone.

My next stop- Luckett's showhouse. I followed another stone path and was at a house that reminded me a lot of my interior design days. Rooms decorated with stuff you could purchase. Thay had complimentary wine which I took full advantage of and since I rarely drink and had an empty stomach I got buzzed and lost my sunglasses inside. Luckily the hubby went back in and found them.


Since I was in such a good mood from the drinks I agreed to get lunch out. We stopped here:







There weren't very many options and I'm not going to lie I loooove Roy Rogers- it's so novel to find one now a days (unless you live in Luckett.)


After our lunch my buzz was gone and we took the ferry home.

The End.

3 comments:

Meredith Berwick said...

Leesburg has some pretty good antique shops....you should have told some people, you know how many of your fellow DG's live out that way?! Anyway, I love looking at the antique dishes, like fire king bowls and pyrex dishes.

KGD said...

Oh that place sounds fun! I want to go. And Grace...I would have thought you'd love the romantic collection. I know you want a plaque for your wall that says "Dance like no one is watching..." Don't lie.

Ellen Connolly said...

Great pix. I love them. What a fun trip to have done!
btw- the spelling of the word you are looking for is: "aficionado"
(i looked at m-w.com)
Etymology:
Spanish, from past participle of aficionar to inspire affection, from aficiĆ³n affection, from Latin affection-, affectio — more at affection
Date:
1802

: a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity : devotee