July 10, 2009

Disappointing Shopping

Let me tell you about my depressing morning. On Tuesday I got an email about an upcoming estate sale- I checked the company holding the sales website, there was an arm chair that looked awesome for Clementine's room:





This is the actual chair. I thought; perfect chair, cute, love the shape and the fabric is tolerable. So the plan was set- I will buy this chair.







I wake up today, the first day of the sale, dress Clemmy and get to the sale right as it's opening.







Note: Not the actual door. This is estate sale was extremely popular and there was a line snaking down the driveway- I think okay the chair will probably still be there, upholstered furniture usually sits around at estate sales. So Clem and I head off to the school where I teach to unload the order for the upcoming school year. Finish that in about an hour and head back to the sale. This time as we approach there is still a line but not a bad line and Clem and I decide to stick it out. We waited probably 10 minutes (not bad). Now racing around an estate sale is the way it goes- it's every man for himself but with a baby it's a different story, especially with a baby who doesn't want to be held and has to be delicately coaxed from room to room. We eventually find the chair in the basement and this is what I see:


(I hate red heads even more now!)

A bratty kid sitting in the chair. So I'm not one to play nice, especially at a estate sale so I say to the kid- "Could you please get up so I can look at that chair?" To which I get the reply "My mom is buying this chair I'm just guarding it." My heart sunk. It sunk even further when I saw the price tag- only $70. Needless to say I hung around the chair until they actually paid for it just to make sure they were actually taking it.

I left the sale dejected. Thank God I don't have a cell phone because I would have called my husband and somehow blamed this whole thing on him (there is no way any of it was his fault.). So we're home- empty handed with a bare spot in Clementine's room.

Send presents to make me feel better.

No comments: