March 11, 2009

Wisteria: The good the bad and the ugly....

I am so mixed about Wisteria Catalog. Their magazine has some great finds and then some things that make me reconsider even living. Witness: the good.



Above: a white washed finished chest of drawers.... good!


A linen plastic bag holder. Adorable and good

Above: A great limed dining table or desk- good.
Now for the bad, and I mean bad.

A dalmation statue covered in a deck of cards.... wow- now that's bad.




A mirror made to look old- bad. Just buy a real antique. Also I don't approve of the symmetry of the layers... it should be asymmetrical.




Coral? That went out 5 years ago.




Faux eggs in a spinning frame!?! Bad- just get real eggs and display them OR get old etchings of these eggs and frame them- but don't do this it makes me want to get sick.







3 comments:

Katie said...

crap, you think I should return my new fake pet dog?

South Paw said...

grace-hilarious...the mirror made me think of an aerial shot of the pentagon so maybe it should be mr. gates' front hall...-clare mc

Anonymous said...

Katie & South Paw...you make me LAUGH! So funny!

At the risk of sounding like I'm "throwing stones" I would completely agree with the Grace. In their defense maybe they are striving to provide a bit of somethign for everyone and at every price point...unfortunately that strategy can degrade a brand...

Tricia
Avolli