March 25, 2009

I Have a Friend...

I have a friend (shocker, I know), Alissa, who is hands down the most amazing seamstress and crafter I know. I always thought I was the most awesome crafter and even lectured Alissa on sewing techniques bu was quickly humbled when I saw her skills.

Here she is. (she likes to booze.)

And here is just a small sampling of her gigantic skills. Below a headband she admired from Anthropologie:





Cute right? But priced at something ridiculous like $28 dollars.


Now witness the skills that are my friend. Her version of the same thing:

Exactly the same!!! And awesome. Yes I know I am amazing for digging up such talented people. Alissa can thank me later.

Contact Alissa here to buy your own headband.

PS- She also made the dress she's wearing in her picture.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Wow that is an awesome headband and yes I would agree she is great at all things handy. I now have a sewing machine and plan on spending the next year at her feet watching and learning... until of course she kicks me out of her apartment. Thanks for showcasing ALissa's talent, Grace

Also I keep deleting my comments because I had serious grammatical errors in them that made the entire comment not make sense. Hopefully this one is coherent.

Ellen Connolly said...

very cool Alissa!

South Paw said...

does Alyssa sell anything on Etsy? If not she should get on it! So you know--the link to contact Alyssa appears broken.

Anonymous said...

Alissa, The link to your email doesn't work so I'm writing here, hoping you'll see it. Would you be willing to make a headband for Sophia (my 4.5 month old)? Something with a similar design but obviously on a smaller scale? I've searched for headbands for her but everything is so cheesy and I've resorted to tacky little velcro bows to avoid all the "oh HE's so cute comments." If you're up for it, let me know re: price etc. Thanks, Susan (susansearby@gmail.com)