January 19, 2009

We Had a Godilocks Problem the Other Day

I have been desperately searching for a bed for my dear daughter. I am a perfectionist when it comes to finding the right pieces for my home (that's the only thing I'm a perfectionist with.). So here's where my search began:

Gorgeous bed from lone ranger antiques in FL. Problem... too expensive. Cost about $1200.


Option 2:


Another Swedish antique bed from lone ranger antiques. I was set on this bed showed everyone and saved the money to buy it. At the last minute I checked the dimensions and found that the length was not a normal twin and was instead longer then even a XL twin. Yes, I could get a mattress custom made but it would be a lifetime of sheet buying problems. Yes, I could get the bed cut down but that would be a pain to have a handyman come over fix it and then have to pay for the repairs.

So I was feeling very depressed about the whole thing. As I mentioned I am very anal about my house furniture and I was not going to settle for a PB kids particle board bed. Then by the grace of God I checked Martha Stewart's furniture line. She always had a bed my friends and I loved but it only came in a queen and up.... but.... then Martha decided to be awesome and make it available in a twin in 2009!!! Yay!!!! So below is the bed we have for now decided on for Clementine. Just right!


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow! they are all incredible finds!

Katie said...

wow..very cute bed! when are you moving her out of the crib?

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.